Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day 2008

This picture is out of order, but I couldn't figure out how to fix it. Kimmy is reading to Tylie while breakfast was being prepared.
We met at the Midvale Cemetery at the usual 9:00 am hour. It was cold and rainy so we had to hurry and get this picture before it really started to rain.
Can you believe how tall Jason is getting? We were all ready for breakfast--but especially Jason. I think one of those long legs is hollow!
The brethren are sharing "good advise" with Josh and Mark.
Brady was so happy to see Grandpa. He is such a loving little guy!
Some of the "Munchkins" drove to Grandma's house with her in her car.

The breakfast was delicious. Everyone helped. We had orange juice, milk, egg casserole, sausages, pancakes and watermelon It was too cold to eat outside. We were grateful for our big room downstairs and especially happy to have a nice warm fireplace.
Andy and Julie Beck are in charge of the reunion in August so they organized a short meeting to talk about the plans. Some of the kids played four square outside in spite of the showers.
Thanks everyone for coming and making this a special day of remembrance.



2 comments:

Liz B said...

I'm sad that I missed out this year! Looks like everybody had fun, and I think I'm going to be a bit overwhelmed by my HUGE "little" brother when I get back!

Jenn said...

It was great to see everyone. We had a fun time and I love the pictures you posted. Thanks Grandma!